Skip to main content

Responses to Blog Forum for Week 1

Topic 1: In no particular order, I am a self-professing lover of sports, facts and my family. I am an undereducated professional in the IT world and my first love was Journalism. I need these credits to attain some prominence in my own professional life and I was lucky enough to stumble on a class that appears to project and discuss where media is in society today and I am looking forward to discussing that further in depth with today's youth (Get off my lawn, I'm only 34...)

Topic 2: My main three sources of news are 1. Reddit 2. The Washington Post and 3. Anything that I can independently verify. Why? Well... Reddit can be a bountiful cornucopia of memes and aww-inspired pics, but it can be a cadre for massive amounts of awe-inspiring knowledge, it just depends on how hard you are willing to try and find it. The Washington Post because I happily pay that reduced priced annual subscription and I wholeheartedly endorse the work their team has been doing over the last two years. Anything I can verify because while seeing is not always believing, it does provide another dimension beyond who, when, where, what, why and how.

I would love to expand further on why today's news can be categorized into two realms; objective, the who, when, what, where, why and how news brief alas Walter Cronkite and the subjective; blogs(ha!), I am more right than you are even though I lack credible sources to back up my claims and you can not get me into trouble to lying to the press kind of sideshow that has metastasized into the mainstream, BUT, I have an important Go Live event with Dell computers tomorrow and I need my beauty sleep. I am looking forward to this class and reading everyone else's blogs. Here is to a successful summer term!

Comments